BK Cookware Open 12" Frypan | Black Steel
By BK Cookware
A perennial favorite of professional chefs, carbon steel is ultra-durable and lightweight, making it perfect for people who want authentic, no-nonsense cooking.
Though it’s ready to go out of the box with a quick wash, over time this pan will develop a naturally nonstick patina layer that makes frying delicate fish, crafting an omelet, or getting a perfect sear on pork chops effortless.
- A PAN FOR LIFE: Designed to develop a natural nonstick patina layer over time.
- PRE-SEASONED CARBON STEEL: A unique oxidation layer helps protect the pan from rust and damage.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Heats quickly and evenly for effortless frying, searing, and sautéing.
- CAST IRON HANDLE: Tough, heavy-duty design with a comfortable shape.
- ULTRA-DURABLE: Safe for metal utensils and extreme temperatures.
- EASY TO CLEAN: Just pour some hot water in the pan after using it, wipe, and dry.
How to Re-Season Your Black Steel
- Pour a little oil (any oil suitable for frying, vegetable or canola oil recommended) into the pan and swirl it around.
- Heat the pan until the oil starts to smoke. Ensure good ventilation while the oil is smoking.
- Use paper towels to remove the oil. Repeat this process two or three times. You will notice that the pan discolors, which is a good sign. This process creates a natural nonstick coating.
- Take the pan off the stove and carefully remove excess oil with paper towels.
- Allow the pan to cool. Clean the pan with hot water and a sponge
- Dry the pan thoroughly before storing it.