HiFiMan Shangri-La SR Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier
The HIFIMAN Shangri-La Sr Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier is designed to drive and complement Shangri-La Sr electrostatic headphones. Its enclosure—constructed of an aviation-grade aluminum alloy and topped with a tempered glass panel—is adorned with four 6SN7 vacuum tubes and four custom-made 300B tubes, which deliver warm tone and consistent output power for the Shangri-La Sr headphones (available separately). The volume level is controlled via a 24-step attenuator with 23 separate resistors.A rear-panel switch allows easy selection of either stereo input—balanced XLR 3-pin or unbalanced RCA coaxial. The selected input is fed through the internal circuitry and externally mounted tubes to the two 5-pin female headphone outputs, allowing simultaneous connection of two pairs of Shangri-La Sr headphones.
- Weight: 35lb (16kg)
- Dimensions: 17.32" x 18.11" x 13.39"
- Eight vacuum tubes—four 6SN7s and four custom-designed, custom-made 300Bs—sit atop the amplifier
- The 300B tubes work as the direct driving stage with no capacitors or transformers between the tubes and your headphones
- Relay-based attenuator with 23 separate resistors enables 24-step volume control
- Durable aviation-grade aluminum alloy with contrasting tempered glass top panel