Opinel Nomad Cooking Kit | Beechwood
Perfect for any outdoor activity, take Opinel's Nomad Cooking Kit in Beechwood handles the next time you're camping, hiking, boating, or backpacking! Designed to be highly functional and crafted with Opinel's high quality materials and Virobloc safety rings. It's one less preparation you need to worry when you're about to tackle the outdoors! This portable kitchen camping kit is all you need for a meal in the woods.
- Essential utensils all-in-one kit: Includes No12 Serrated Folding Knife, No10 Folding Corkscrew Knife, No6 Pocket Peeler, Beechwood Cutting Board and a Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
- Each Nomad Knives features the Virobloc Safety rings. Invented by Marcel Opinel in 1955, the Virobloc safety ring is fitted to all folding knives sizes No6 through No12. Cut out of stainless steel, the Virobloc has two sections, one fixed and one sliding. In addition to locking the blade open (safety while in use), it is now possible to lock the blade closed (safety on the go).
- Blade: 12C27 Sandvik Stainless Steel
- No 10 Knife Size: Open Length - 22.9 cm - 9 in, Weight: 2.5 oz
- No 12 Knife Size: Open Length - 28 cm - 11 in, Weight: 3.9 oz
- Handle: Beechwood from France. Opinel's beech is hard, durable and easy to work. With a homogeneous appearance, its light color varies from yellow to pink. It is characterized by the presence of numerous small, -dark dashes.
- Yatagan Style: The classic Opinel blade has adopted a Yatagan shape. The Yatagan shape is inspired by a traditional Turkish saber, the toe up. The blade is ground to an exclusive convex profile that ensures the strength of the blade and allows efficient regrinding.
- 12C27 modified stainless steel is anti-corrosive thanks to the addition of chrome and requires no special maintenance. Its carbon content of at least 0.40% provides an excellent cutting edge.
- Model: 002177