Transparent Sound Large Transparent Speaker | Black
Powerful yet balanced sound that fills any room. Made of aluminium and a tempered glass this speaker is designed to be as much an interior object as a great piece of technology. Comes with Bluetooth™ but it is also ready for whatever tech that might be useful in coming years. An aspiration to become better over time.
- Dimensions (mm): 431 × 333 × 118
- Weight: 11 kg
- L/R Drivers: 2 × 3’’ (Full Range)
- Woofer: 1 × 6.5’’
- Amplifier: Class D built in (Active)
- Output power: 80 - 100 W
- Sealed Cabinet Volume: 10,2 l
- Frequency Response: 35 Hz - 20 kHz ±5dB
- High Quality Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Front Controls: Volume, Bass and Treble
- Line in: 2 x 3,5mm (front and back)
- Usb Power Out Socket In Back
- Cables: 2 X Audio Cables (long and short), 2 X
- Power Cables (mains and USB)
- Wireless: Bluetooth 5.0
- “Toaster Slot” with power supply in back
- Wall Mount: Brackets and screws included
QUALITY DESIGN AND SOUND
This speaker has been praised for its design and its audio quality. Rich bass, clear mid range and crisp highs, our speaker aims to produce a “transparent sound”, which means to have a neutral tuning and stay true to the recording. The front panel does however offer controls for any further adjustments.
Today many tech products become obsolete after only a year or so. We rather intend for this product to become better over time. The speaker comes with Bluetooth™ out of the box. There's no need for any app, they are set up like any BT accessory through a smartphone.
There is also a compartment in the back that can hold and power various wireless upgrades. We currently recommend Amazon™ Alexa's Echo Input for multiroom music over Wifi (similar functionality as a Sonos system). In this setup, each speaker that should be part of the wifi streaming should get an Echo Input device plugged in in the back/bottom. The Echo Input devices are then configured in the Alexa app. This setup also offers all the voice control features of the Alexa platform. The compartments in the back/bottom of the Transparent Speakers are designed to completely hide this kind of modules, and short cables are included.
Our speakers can also be part of an existing Sonos setup. Use a Sonos Connect or AMP hub and plug into our speaker(s) via cable. These Sonos Hubs are a bit bigger so they don't fit inside our speakers, but still convenient for those who want to buy a Transparent Speaker but continue to use their existing Sonos system.
The ambition is to be able to upgrade all speaker systems as ever new wireless technology develops. This way our customers can keep the product updated by their preference and change only a small part, instead of replacing the whole unit.
To keep the crisp look, we encourage you to use the cotton gloves supplied when unpacking, setting up and placing your speaker. Please read your user manual and safety text.
- Playing Music: To play music you can use the music cable supplied. First plug in the power cable and flip the on switch on the front, a red light indicates the speaker is now on. Then plug in the audio cable and play music from any source you prefer.
- Bluetooth Pairing: You will find the Bluetooth-module mounted in the back. Press a short click on the button to initiate Bluetooth™ pairing mode. The button should now blink blue and red. Now make sure your device /phone has Bluetooth switched on, locate and select the Transparent Speaker in the list usually located in relation to the Bluetooth settings. Done! You can now start playing music from your phone.
- Extend Audio: If you want to connect more speakers to play together, there is a line out socket on the back. Simply plug in a music cable from this line out to the next speakers’ line in and you’re good to go.
- Left / Right / Stereo: When using multiple speakers you might want to make the speaker on the left side of the room play only left channel and vice versa. There is a simple switch on the back that lets you put each speaker into LEFT/RIGHT/STEREO. If using only one speaker it should always be in STEREO mode.
This speaker can be wall mounted by using the included wall mounting brackets. Fasten the wall mounting brackets (facing inwards) to the back frames. Fasten the rubber feet two by two on top of eachother and to the back frames apx 2cm from the bottom edge. The rubber feet provides a needed distance from the wall. Make sure you have plugged in the power cable in the back and completed your bluetooth pairing before wall mounting. In order to wall mount the speaker you can use the hole guide printed in the user manual to mark your holes. Use a level to ensure a horisontal mount. Note that the screws and plugs supplied in the box are for concrete walls and a 6 mm drilled hole. We do not recommend wall assembly on other types of walls. Insert the plugs in the holes and screw the wall screws almost all the way in, then hang up your speaker. Any wall mounting is carried out at your own risk. If any doubts we recommend to take help from people with experience of similar operations.
For future repairing or customisations we have designed the Transparent Speaker to be able to be disassembled and reassembled. In your user manual you will find instructions for disassembly and re-assembly. Please note that doing this requires a bit of experience using normal tools, and that any tinkering is carried out at your own risk